At a New York City fundraiser, President Obama sang out the first few words of Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together” as a sort of personal homage to the singer, who had just performed at the event.
The reaction has been swoony and enthusiastic, with mentions and American Idol-esque critiques around the web (over 738 related articles as of this posting a mere 24 hours after the event) and Al Green saying “He nailed my song” in TMZ, articles in People, the LA Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Washington Post, the Huffington Post, and a review from pop music mag SPIN as well as more staid Reuters.
Since there seems to be an appetite for this presidential crooning, I’m putting a request to President Obama: if we’ll turn out in droves at the voting booth to vote for you, will you sing a little more of the Al Green song “Let’s Stay Together” at the January 2013 inaugural? Maybe…a duet?
Sign the MOMocrats request to President Obama, and we’ll print it out and forward it on to him. We have til November 6, 2012 to get out the vote and gather signatures.
Troubleshooting: if the form won’t send, try refreshing the page and very quickly entering all your information and the captcha code.
Cynematic only sings in the shower. The people of America thank her for this.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 MOMocrats.com
- Meet Two Democratic Women Candidates for Texas State Board of Education: Rebecca Bell-Metereau and Judy Jennings
- MOMocrats Top Political Stories of 2011
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand: Women Must Make Their Voices Heard and Vote!
- MOMocrats’ Super Bowl Tailgate for Choice: You’re Invited! – MOMocrats™
- 2012 MOMocrats™ Pre-Super Bowl Tailgate for Choice: You’re Invited!
- Why It’s So Great Obama Gets to Go Head-to-Head with Romney Sooner v. Later