That doesn’t mean it’s going to be all smooth sailing ahead: The economy is still tanking for most of us, and the Republicans in Congress are poised for another fiscal showdown (“Defund Obamacare or we’ll shut down the government!”)
But that’s something we get to deal with next week. Right now, it’s cocktail time. And y’all have earned it.
Lucky Bamboo Cocktail
In Feng Shui, bamboo is supposed to attract good fortune and happiness; the perfect antidote to any F13 bad stuff that might be coming your way. We like this recipe because it’s so simple (hard for anything to go wrong when you have just three easy ingredients!)
1 1/2 oz. Dry Sherry
1/4 oz. Dry Vermouth
1 dash Orange Bitters
Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Sip it while re-watching Stephen Colbert’s fabulous video of Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky.”Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2013 MOMocrats.com
- The Circus on Capitol Hill
- Message to President Obama: No To Limited Strikes, Try These Instead
- Catching Up on Syria – Open Thread
- Pursuit of Happiness Hour: The Sewer Water Cocktail
- Pursuit of Happiness Hour: Mother’s Day Edition
- Pursuit of Happiness Hour, Cinco de Mayo Edition: Margaritas For the Court