As surprising as it may seem, Rand Paul is actually getting some traction with the left, mostly by bootstrapping onto the NSA surveillance stories and advocating for restoration of felons’ voting rights. But don’t be fooled — those are just cynical ploys to attract people uninformed about who Rand Paul is and how close he is in ideology to his father, John Birch Society devotee Ron Paul.
Don’t miss tomorrow’s MOMocrats podcast at 9AM PST/ 12PM EST. We’re pleased to welcome Claire Conner for the full hour. Claire is the author of Wrapped in the Flag, has an intimate understanding of what the right wing is doing in today’s political landscape, and has agreed to come back to the show to discuss Rand Paul, the Radical Right, and why liberals need to stop pretending they don’t matter.
- Rand Paul in a box
- Rand Paul Says the GOP Needs More People with Tattoos
- NAACP invites Rand Paul to speak – A top Paul aide said the senator is game.
Copyright 2014 MOMocrats.com
- Ready, Set GO Obamacare!
- Thought the John Birch Society Was Dead? Think Again.
- One Woman’s Heart: From Pro-life to Choice
- The Republicans Are Having a Debate: Pass the Popcorn.
- Let’s Show Our Teachers Some REAL Appreciation – EVERY Week
- Pursuit of Happiness Hour, Cinco de Mayo Edition: Margaritas For the Court